 Space / 10218
Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:20:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Kornhaus writes:
Please note: As a public service for the humor impaired, the content of
this message has been thoroughly reviewed and all potentially humorous
material has been removed prior to posting.(1)

In article <GH1r4K.Fz7@lugnet.com>, Jesse Alan Long
<joyous4god2@yahoo.com> wrote:

Perhaps I am, Anthony and thank you for having a civil attitude in telling
me this information.  SOME people, namely Nathan, need to learn this in
their lives.

Jesse, I believe the issue Nathan took offense with was your insistence
on identifying "errors" in other people's posts.

This information was truly unknown to me and I was simply
asking questions

No, you weren't, at least as expressed in your post. You were
misrepresenting your erroneous opinion as indisputable fact. The tone
of your message implied that you had superior knowledge of the
provenance of LEGO elements which you later admit were "somewhat
obscured" from your view.

Since Nathan actually constructed the MOC in question, don't you think
it would be a good idea to give him the benefit of the doubt when he
identifies pieces used in its construction? If you truly believe a
piece has been misidentified, perhaps you could ask "Is the Arctic
windscreen the same as that used in the Explorien or Spyrius themes?"
rather than pointing out supposed errors.

and not acting like an idiot.

Um, yeah.(2)

I think you would be well served by registering for "English
Composition 101"(4) as you prepare for the fall term at whatever school
you attend. Improved skills in sentence structure and organization
would greatly benefit the comprehension of your often disjointed posts.

At the very least, try reading your posts before hitting the "send"
button.(5) Then, read it again. Ask someone else to read it. After
that, edit, edit, edit! When you are sure it is ready to post, read it
again.

You may also want to refer to this url as necessary when reading posts
and composing your replies:

http://www.dictionary.com/

For what it's worth, I don't believe anyone in the .space group
actively hates you. It's more of a feeling of exasperation with a
repeated pattern of behavior.

jk
--
AFOL and his money are soon parted

(1) That's a joke, son.
(2) Not meant to characterize your behavior in any way. I simply have
no other appropriate comment to make.
(3) There is *NO* note 3. Don't argue with me.
(4) Or any class covering similar subject matter.
(5) Or whatever interface element your
newsreader/web-browser/inter-cranial-neural-netlink uses to initiate
the process of posting the message to LUGNET.

I said that I did not know that the part WAS a different shape than what I
was used to in my LEGO Space creations.  I never knew such a part existed.
I believe you need to read the post that Anthony sent to me again, John.

Jesse Long