 Space / 10197
Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:25:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Falslev writes:
For the longest time(about three months) my computer has been unable to
upload image files to anything.  So I've been building, without showing.  I
now have enough MOCs in waiting to post a new one every day for more than a
week! And I've fixed my comp so look out!

First and largest, my personal largest ever, is a runt compared to most of
you people's achievments.  The Armageddon Class Destroyer.

Some notes to Mark S.(and whoever else wants to read them.):

-The Arctic windscreens in front are attached.  If you remember, I posted a
corvette that I'd done in MLCad a while ago and I'd forgot to attach them,
you caught it:)

-I built this a couple months ago and only now realize that the nav lights
are on the wrong side, you caught me when I did it with my last MOC, so I'm
just giving you fair warning.  This type of thing seems to get you;)

Okay, the details.
The Armageddon is a relatively new ship but has already been refitted with
Telescope Laser Cannons mounted broadside.  This was done after the
effective use of broadside weapons by the GA Squadron 826(Kenneth Tam) was
demonstrated.

Vital sensors were mounted in the center of the forward hull for protection.

6 bunks have the ability to 'flip up' revealing a personal storage area.

There's more but I'm lazy and can't remember everything:)

-Nathan

I like your small capital ship, small at least in my terms but then again I
have expanded the capital class to include several different types of space
craft.  The space craft of this nature would be only the front to one of my
largest capital ships.  I plan on building monster sized 900 to 1,500 stud
long capital ships so I guess this is my imagination speaking to you.  (Does
anybody want to duel with a Super Star Destroyer?)

I like the design of your space craft but there is one error in your
comments on your space craft.  The windscreen LEGO pieces were not only
exclusive to the LEGO Arctic theme but they were also exclusive to the
Exploriens and Spyrius themes in LEGO Space.  I thought that I would clear
that piece of information to you but you have a nice corvette (space craft,
not Chevrolet vehicle).  Where are all of the weapons on the vessel?  Please
answer me, Nathan.

Jesse Long

P.S.  I really plan on building space craft that large in real life.