 Space / 10202
Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:08:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Falslev writes:
C'mon man!  Stop making a fool of yourself.  There is NO error in the the
comments on my space craft!  The windscreen in question:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=551

This is commonly referred to as the 'Arctic Windscreen' because it first
debuted, IIRC, in the Arctic themed sets.  It was also used in some
Spaceport themed sets, the juniorized train-Railway Express , and the
Imperial Shuttle.  Just for good measure, they may have used it in some
other Town Jr. sets as well.  But it was NOT used in The Exploriens or
Spyrius subthemes as the part hadn't yet been created.

The Armageddon is a destroyer, not a corvette.  I'm sorry for not
clarifying the corvette thing, I thought people here could easily draw the
conclusion that, because we are in lugnet.space, that I was talking about a
space craft and not a car.  Besides, if I were talking about a Chevrolet
Corvette, I would capitalize the name 'corvette' and I would most likely
make a distinction such as Corvette ZR1 or Corvette Stingray allowing the
reader to visualize the body style or some such thing.

Weapons my friend, look here:  http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=10191  Let
me clarify that the exaust ports DO NOT alternatively serve a weapons.

Are you really going to build a space craft that size?  I would be happy
to see any MOC of yours, I doesn't need to be 900 studs long.

-Nathan

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:

I like your small capital ship, small at least in my terms but then again I
have expanded the capital class to include several different types of space
craft.  The space craft of this nature would be only the front to one of my
largest capital ships.  I plan on building monster sized 900 to 1,500 stud
long capital ships so I guess this is my imagination speaking to you.  (Does
anybody want to duel with a Super Star Destroyer?)

I like the design of your space craft but there is one error in your
comments on your space craft.  The windscreen LEGO pieces were not only
exclusive to the LEGO Arctic theme but they were also exclusive to the
Exploriens and Spyrius themes in LEGO Space.  I thought that I would clear
that piece of information to you but you have a nice corvette (space craft,
not Chevrolet vehicle).  Where are all of the weapons on the vessel?  Please
answer me, Nathan.

Jesse Long

P.S.  I really plan on building space craft that large in real life.

Take your own advice, Nathan, and quit acting like one yourself because I
never questioned your weapons, I only wanted to know what KINDS of weapons
there were on your space craft AND how many weapons you had on your space craft.

If they are the smaller windscreens, then yes, you are correct in your
statement but, at least judging from my angle, they appear to be the really
large windscreens that were available for the Space Police I, Blacktron I,
Space Police II, M-Tron, Ice Planet 2002, Spyrius, Unitron, Exploriens, UFO,
and Insectoids LEGO Space sets.

The comment about the corvette was that, in my opinion, your space craft
seemed to fit the role of a corvette more than a destroyer.

The feature of the Dualfire technology may not be true for your space craft
but I want them for my space craft but I am glad that you like my idea of
building my space craft.  Perhaps after you see my imagination that you and
the people who hate me on Lugnet will like me and my ideas for space craft
and space vehicles.

Jesse Long

P.S.  You may want to show the windscreen separately because the angle from
which the picture was taken somewhat obscured my view of the windscreens.