 Space / 10217
Re: Armageddon Class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:07:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:

Take your own advice, Nathan, and quit acting like one yourself because I
never questioned your weapons, I only wanted to know what KINDS of weapons
there were on your space craft AND how many weapons you had on your space craft.

  I never thought you were questioning my weapons, I merely gave you a link
to a post detailing the weapon systems used on the Armageddon.

If they are the smaller windscreens, then yes, you are correct in your
statement but, at least judging from my angle, they appear to be the really
large windscreens that were available for the Space Police I, Blacktron I,
Space Police II, M-Tron, Ice Planet 2002, Spyrius, Unitron, Exploriens, UFO,
and Insectoids LEGO Space sets.

  I included a link to the Lugnet parts reference which showed a picture
that would make it known to anyone, exactly which windscreen we are
discussing.  The fact that in your reply to my post you still thought it was
a smaller windscreen makes it apparent that you didn't view the linked page.
This makes me wonder if you even read my post or rather you scanned it for
sentences that potentially conflicted with yours.

The comment about the corvette was that, in my opinion, your space craft
seemed to fit the role of a corvette more than a destroyer.

  I believe it fills the roll for Destroyer if you've read the details.
Even if you had read the details, you may have disagreed because we all have
slightly, some largely, different ideas on what qualifies for a certain ship
class.
        The fact is: I built the ship, I consider it a destroyer.

The feature of the Dualfire technology may not be true for your space craft
but I want them for my space craft but I am glad that you like my idea of
building my space craft.  Perhaps after you see my imagination that you and
the people who hate me on Lugnet will like me and my ideas for space craft
and space vehicles.

  I don't think anyone *hates* you, some of us may just be annoyed to some
extent with your superior knowledge, superior MOCs, superior imagination,
and superior writing abilities. (Caution, that last sentence may contain
sarcasm.)

  Maybe if you show us some of your ships we'll come to see your imagination
and visionary ideas.

Jesse Long

P.S.  You may want to show the windscreen separately because the angle from
which the picture was taken somewhat obscured my view of the windscreens.

  I DID that in my last post!  You could also look through some more of my
pics because I show the ship, and therefore the windscreen, at more than one
angle:)

-Nathan

Post Scriptum:  May you know that you are the focal point of a great deal of
frustration.