 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how
 Results 261 – 280 of about 5300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  LegOS, lnpd, and networking

It seems to me that a lot of the discussion lately has been on networking multiple IR (infrared) clients using legOS. Is the IR tower using an ID? This would identify messages from the IR vs an RCX. Also could the addressing be extended to allow IP (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 3.863)

  communication with USB on Linux

Hi, For some time I've been trying to get bi-directional communication using: - Slackware Linux 10.0 - leJOS 2.1.0 - USB IR-tower - RCX 2.0 So far I've managed to upload leJOS and the written software to the RCX. However, when I try to run the (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 3.862)

  Re: RCX to RCX communication

"Luke Ma" <Luke_Ma@brown.edu> wrote in message news:Gz83nF.7D9@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) outputs. (...) eep. erm... we never posted RCX-RCX sample code up. never gave any of the students two bricks. and the LNP code up on our website has our own (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 3.859)

  RCXTTY-Variable Problem, calling ./firmdl3 ../boot/brickOS.srec

Hello, Dear NewsGroup ---...--- My Problem is: When I tri to download the BrickOS firmware to the Brick using ./firmdl3 ../boot/brickOS.srec after setting "RCXTTY=USB" with "export ...". (I have the USB-Tower) I get the following error: "USB: No (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ris, how
(score: 3.854)

  control multiple mindstorms robots using 1 IR tower!

Hi all! I'd like to control multiple mindstorms robots using one IR tower with replacing the default firmware for RCX unit to leJOS! Is it possible? I do consider the problem of how to distinguish the different RCX units inside the robots within the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 3.850)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) Did you try to fix communication port instead of using automatic configuration ? On my machine (Win2000) where I have both a serial Spybotics cable and a RIS USB tower, I have to specify the port that BricxCC must use. Philo www.philohome.com (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ris, how
(score: 3.846)

  Re: no long range IR from laptop says Lego

Kindly offline I am informed: yes indeed, some laptop designs have been seen to support less than half of the specified 500mA max load for USB bus power. I wonder how many mA the USB IR tower does need. Pat LaVarre (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, how
(score: 3.845)

  IR Tower problems

I am trying to get nqc 3.1 r1 working on my Slackware 9.1 box using Linux kernel 2.6.11.2. When I plug the IR Tower into my USB port, it's recognized. This is what I get from dmesg: hub 2-0:1.0: state 5 ports 3 chg 0000 evt 0002 ohci_hcd (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 3.841)

  Re: CPR for RCX?

(...) I knew Assembler would come into play sooner or later. I have downloaded a copy of the H8/300 Assembly language spec. What I still don't understand is how you turn the object code into 'S'-type records with 'ld'? (...) Can I assume the RCX has (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 3.836)

  Re: no long range IR from laptop says Lego

(...) No idea. I think these values are used for accounting, to ensure that all devices together don't exceed available power. But I don't know how well this is implemented. (...) Linux makes them available in readable form in /proc/bus/usb/devices (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, how
(score: 3.833)

  RCX <-> PC communication, more details

Thanks for the three of you (Francois, Roger and Lawrence) who have answered to my questions. I was asked to state some more details, which I'll do here: I am working under linux (SuSE 7.3) and since the linux version of java does not yet support (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

usb, rcx, how
(score: 3.828)

  How much current from RCX ports

I see around here, people are playing around with diffrent types of things to put on the RCX output port. Like not orginal lights, motors, bells and so on. Some even puts several motors on one port. How much current can you drain from one RCX port? (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ris, rcx, how
(score: 3.824)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

I, too, have been at it for three weeks. gcc and bintools build OK under cygwin, but when it gets to the cross-compiler, the whole make process craps out. The compile fails because some of the cross-compiler sources are (complaining about) missing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, rcx, how
(score: 3.822)

  BricxCC on Win XP how

Is there some trick I need to learn to run BricxCC on Win XP? (...) For me BricxCC hardly ever works. I tried un/installing the last three available versions. Always I fail to connect via serial via IR with my brick. Lego RIS talks no worries, (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ris, ir, how
(score: 3.816)

  lnp logical layer and collison detection

Hi, 1: does anybody know if the collision detection in the (LNP) logical layer relies on the LNP-packtstructure of is this kind of collison detection done without knowing the packetstructure of LNP ? 2: does anybody have simple routines to send and (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir
(score: 3.813)

  Inexpensive portability

Hi all, (This is my first post in these groups so please redirect me if this is not the right group.) I do some minor dabbling with the RCX --- simple programs operating simple machines. I program in NQC via bricxcc on Windows XP with a USB IR (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 3.811)

  librcx & interrupt handler

Hi everyone, I am trying to use librcx (URL) to write light (in code size) programs for RCX, and up till now it works fine, but i'd like to begin using interrupts. I'd like to set my own handler for the interrupts. For example, an interrupt handler (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 3.808)

  downloading BrickOS firmware for first time

Hi all, I have built brickos 0.9.0 on Linux platform kernel 2.4.29. Brickos was successfully built with only C (no c++) support. My Lego is RCX2.0 and I am trying to download for first time the standard firmware. For connection with the RCX I am (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 3.805)

  brickOS-0.9 and 'error deleting program' message

I am new to Mindstorms, but not new to computer science. Anyway I am unable to load any program to the RCX robot using the dll. I have built the brickOS system using a egcs (v. 1.1.2) hitachi cross compiler on a Linux platform running the 2.6 (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, rcx, ir
(score: 3.786)

  Serial Input

I have a question. I'm working with LegOS, and I want to know how to read serial input through the IR port. I know with other firmware, it's pretty easy to set-up and write serial data out, but I want to read this data back in. Actually, I'm trying (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

rcx, ir, how
(score: 3.786)

More:  Next Page >>