 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3900
3899  |  3901
Subject:
downloading BrickOS firmware for first time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2005 04:55:40 GMT

Hi all,

I have built brickos 0.9.0 on Linux platform kernel 2.4.29.
Brickos was successfully built with only C (no c++) support.
My Lego is RCX2.0 and I am trying to download for first time the standard
firmware.
For connection with the RCX I am using legousbtower-0.5.4.
When I am trying to download the brickOS.srec I get the following warning
messages:

#  firmdl3 --debug --slow /usr/local/lib/brickos/brickOS.srec
P.C. Chan & Tyler Akins - USB IR Tower Mode for Linux.
mode = slow
sendrecv 6:
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
recvlen = 0
status = no response from rcx
status = no response from rcx
firmdl3: delete firmware failed
#

I tried the same with fast mode and the result was the same. My first thought
was that the lego USB tower is not operating under linux. I have checked that
the Lego tower is operating, the led on the tower is on, and according to the
log on the machine is recognized and attached correctly.
Can anybody advise me if I should do any special preparation before I download
the firmware.