 Robotics / RCX / 2663
2662  |  2664
Subject:
brickOS-0.9 and 'error deleting program' message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:25:56 GMT

  I am new to Mindstorms, but not new to computer science.  Anyway I am unable
to load any program to the RCX robot using the dll.  I have built the brickOS
system using a egcs (v. 1.1.2) hitachi cross compiler on a Linux platform
running the 2.6 kernel, Fedora 3 edition.  I managed to dowload the brickOS
system, therefore the USB IR tower I am using seems to operate correctly.

  But any time I wanted to download a program, it ended up in an 'error
downloading program' message!  A typical output is like
[igor@localhost demo]$ dll -p1 -v helloworld.lx

C.P. Chan & Tyler Akins - USB IR Tower Mode for Linux.
opening tty...

LNP Initialized...
loader hostaddr=0x00 hostmask=0xf0 portmask=0x00

delete
#time 1836518229 f1 03 00 try 0: ack:0

#time 760843 f1 03 00 00 00 f3 try 1: ack:0

#time 760828 f1 03 00 00 try 2: ack:0

#time 760840 f1 03 00 00 00 f3 try 3: ack:0

#time 760837 f1 03 00 00 00 try 4: ack:0
error deleting program

  What is the matter?  The IR connected and the RCXTTY environment variable   set to the /etc/udev/usb/legotower0 device file (the green lamp in the tower lights up), the RCX is switched on, there seems to be a connection (different bytes are returned on subsequent tries), the brickOS was transferred successfully with firmdl3.

  What is the real problem?  Is  there is something wrong with the dll program?

  Answer please if you know anything.

/igor