 Robotics / RCX / 1978
1977  |  1979
Subject:
BricxCC on Win XP how
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:27:01 GMT

Is there some trick I need to learn to run BricxCC on Win XP?

From: http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=1969&t=i&v=a
Subject: BricxCC release 3.3.7.2

For me BricxCC hardly ever works.  I tried un/installing the last three
available versions.  Always I fail to connect via serial via IR with my brick.
Lego RIS talks no worries, javax.comm talks no worries, but not BricxCC.

If noone has any clues, I guess I'll go try to find more Win XP PC's, to build
a larger sample of experience, starting with only a fresh install of the latest
BricxCC.  Maybe then I'll also try a download of NQC, to have a fourth flavour
of comm software to try.

From: http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=1959&t=i&v=a
Subject: reading music thru an RCX

I did see BricxCC work once or twice.

I started to believe maybe BricxCC ran ok only if run after a Win XP boot
before ever I launched Lego RIS or javax.comm ... but as I worked to repeat
that result, again I lost the ability to make BricxCC work at all ever.

When my brick did connect, then I was permitted to see BricxCC has a two octave
Piano keyboard that invisibly records notes for playback, I think that's great
fun, though I wish the recording appeared as sheet music.

Is there some trick I need to learn to run BricxCC on Win XP?

Thanks in advance, Pat LaVarre