 Robotics / RCX / 1979
Re: BricxCC on Win XP how
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:15:08 GMT

Pat
For what its worth, BricxCC (latest version) works 100% fine with my Win XP
setup.
I am however using it with a Spybot and the included serial cable.

Good luck with it
Regards
Philip
"Pat LaVarre" <ppaatt@aol.com> wrote in message
news:HAIDH1.AJ0@lugnet.com...
Is there some trick I need to learn to run BricxCC on Win XP?

From: http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=1969&t=i&v=a
Subject: BricxCC release 3.3.7.2

For me BricxCC hardly ever works.  I tried un/installing the last three
available versions.  Always I fail to connect via serial via IR with my • brick.
Lego RIS talks no worries, javax.comm talks no worries, but not BricxCC.

If noone has any clues, I guess I'll go try to find more Win XP PC's, to • build
a larger sample of experience, starting with only a fresh install of the • latest
BricxCC.  Maybe then I'll also try a download of NQC, to have a fourth • flavour
of comm software to try.

From: http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=1959&t=i&v=a
Subject: reading music thru an RCX

I did see BricxCC work once or twice.

I started to believe maybe BricxCC ran ok only if run after a Win XP boot
before ever I launched Lego RIS or javax.comm ... but as I worked to • repeat
that result, again I lost the ability to make BricxCC work at all ever.

When my brick did connect, then I was permitted to see BricxCC has a two • octave
Piano keyboard that invisibly records notes for playback, I think that's • great
fun, though I wish the recording appeared as sheet music.

Is there some trick I need to learn to run BricxCC on Win XP?

Thanks in advance, Pat LaVarre