 Robotics / RCX / 1792
1791  |  1793
Subject:
How much current from RCX ports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 05:20:41 GMT

I see around here, people are playing around with diffrent types of things
to put on the RCX output port. Like not orginal lights, motors, bells and so
on. Some even puts several motors on one port.

How much current can you drain from one RCX port?  (or how much can it
deliver)

Anybody knows how much current the 9v minimotor (like the one in RIS set)
needs?

I hope there is a safetymechanism (electronic fuse/regulator or somthing)
inside the RCX that prevents it to be overloeaded??

What other orginal Lego electric parts are there out there that can be
attaced to the output?
I know of:
    - diffrent types of motors
    - lights
    - soundunits

anything else?

And what kind of orginal sensors are there?
    - tuch sensor
    - light sensor
    - temperature sensor
    - rotation sensor