 Robotics / 857
Re: CyberMaster memory limit?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 20:00:28 GMT

At 19:16 29-11-1998 Sunday , you wrote:

At 14:03 29-11-1998 Sunday , you wrote:
lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Laurentino Martins) writes:

Your program generates a .RCX file of 440 bytes.

But does it fail to run on your CyberMaster unit as well?

Yes, it fails.
The standard procedure that CyberMaster seems to use when programs don't fit
is to discard the last task. Because main was the only task, it discarded
the whole program.

I'm going to use the Tacho counters in the threads to get the
approximate position and direction where the rover is facing (the
difference between the 2 Tachos should give us a direction), which I
think is feasible with some finetunning.

Are you saying that you're using NQC to read off the tachometer numbers?
If so, what additions to rcx.nqh have you used to achieve this?

Start by downloading the latest NQC (version 1.0 Beta 2).

I've introduced some modifications to the original RCX.NQH with the help of
Dave Baum, but the code is still largely *UNTESTED*.
Use it with caution and please report any bug you find in it (if you wish to
correct any bugs, be my guest). And remember to backup your RCX.NQH before
replacing it with this.

The only differences with the original should be the "// CyberMaster
specific data sources" area.

Any feedback on this is appreciated. :-)

Laurentino Martins

I forgot one IMPORTANT detail:

DON'T USE the AGC() (change the name in the sources because I misspelled it) as control in cycles because NQC is not compatible with it, assign it to a variable instead.

For example, don't do things like this:
    repeat( AGC() )
    {
        [...]
    }
Do this instead:
    a = AGC();
    repeat( a )
    {
        [...]
    }

By the way, if you find an use for the AGC() let me know :-)

Laurentino Martins