 Robotics / 856
Re: Some sensor and misc ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 19:52:55 GMT

John Donaldson wrote:

  Shane,
    What is the Radio Shack Part Number? • part # 15-1959   $49.99
    With this and the Sonar I can make a mapping robot. Then I don't
have to worry about onboard memory, since I can let the PC do the map
storage/retrieval.

John A. Donaldson
here's a picture of them http://www.bmi.net/shanew/remotextender.jpg
I also found some here http://www1.viaweb.com/direct/wirremconex.html
I'm still not sure they will work the way you want to use them I don't
think they transmit two ways. although I have had some sucess talking
two ways by placing the transmitter and reciever close togeather and
having them both at an angle where thy can see the tower and RCX.
Otherwise I use them by placeing the reciever opposite the tower in the
room and set the tower to long range this way i almost never "loose" the
RCX.
Hope this helps If you come up with a test you want me to do with them
feel free to ask. I have been using BOTCODE and MINDCONTROL. so those
are the only 2 aftermarket tools i can use for experimanting at the
moment. I'm not sure how to use NQC yet, I have it but I'm not a very
good programmer.
Shane Weston wrote:

I stumbled on these addresses and thought I would pass them along. I
found the idea of using a mercury switch a really cool idea. Many
possibilities with that idea. also some pneumatic valves there havent
looked at them much yet.
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/lego/hardware/hardware.html
http://www.aerodyne-controls.com/switches.htm
Hope someone finds these useful.
I have also been using Infrared remote control extenders to talk with my
rcx. I use Mind Control to run the rcx with the keyboard adn can run the
thing all over. If someone doesn't know what I'm talking about mine are
called "Powermids" from radio shack. They take the IR signal and turn it
into a radio signal then send it to the other Powermid and converts it
back to an IR signal. I also saw one of these once that took aaa
bateries and fit on the end of a remote I think it was when the minidish
systems first came out so you could control the reciever from any room
it your house.
k there's my ideas, back to lurkis modis.
Shane Weston