 Robotics / 832
Re: Some sensor and misc ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 17:19:29 GMT

  Shane,
    What is the Radio Shack Part Number?

    With this and the Sonar I can make a mapping robot. Then I don't
have to worry about onboard memory, since I can let the PC do the map
storage/retrieval.

John A. Donaldson

Shane Weston wrote:

I stumbled on these addresses and thought I would pass them along. I
found the idea of using a mercury switch a really cool idea. Many
possibilities with that idea. also some pneumatic valves there havent
looked at them much yet.
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/lego/hardware/hardware.html
http://www.aerodyne-controls.com/switches.htm
Hope someone finds these useful.
I have also been using Infrared remote control extenders to talk with my
rcx. I use Mind Control to run the rcx with the keyboard adn can run the
thing all over. If someone doesn't know what I'm talking about mine are
called "Powermids" from radio shack. They take the IR signal and turn it
into a radio signal then send it to the other Powermid and converts it
back to an IR signal. I also saw one of these once that took aaa
bateries and fit on the end of a remote I think it was when the minidish
systems first came out so you could control the reciever from any room
it your house.
k there's my ideas, back to lurkis modis.
Shane Weston