 Robotics / 841
Re: CyberMaster memory limit?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:16:01 GMT

In message <4.1.19981128170141.00976610@mail.telepac.pt>, Laurentino
Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt> writes
I'm going to use the Tacho counters in the threads to get the approximate
position and direction where the rover is facing (the difference between the 2
Tachos should give us a direction), which I think is feasible with some
finetunning.
Then, at each impact the computer will map a point in the screen and with some
luck map a room. :-)
Is anybody working on a project like this?

This use of software to determine direction is what I was alluding to in
an earlier post when the others were trying to get their mobile to
travel in a straight line using magnets and differentials, etc. On the
Cybermaster CDrom there is a test routine which calibrates the turning
360 degrees , so there is some experimenting still to do with the
Tachos.

I have been experimenting with explorations using the grabber tool
fitted on the tank unit model. I was surprised how powerful it was and
that the batteries lasted quite a long while.

What would you suggest as the best design for exploration then?

Dennis
--
CyberUser