 Robotics / 1005
Re: CyberMaster stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 23:37:11 GMT

Laurentino Martins wrote:

My latest tests with CyberMaster show that the maximum usable memory for downloading a program is 412 bytes.

The tests were made with Dave Baum's NQCC and I don't know of those how much are real program, since I don't know the structure of an .RCX file (which is the one downloaded). Anyway, 412 is a strange number for a limit...

This 412 byte limit in memory suggests that the total memory for CyberMaster is 1K. I don't know if the firmware also shares this 1K of memory since the RCX only have 512 bytes of SRAM for it, but I guess it must be possible.

I thought we had determined that CM used a different processor model
with 512 bytes more memory than the one on the RCX?

stephen (confused)