 Robotics / 993
992  |  994
Subject:
CyberMaster stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 18:23:27 GMT

My latest tests with CyberMaster show that the maximum usable memory for downloading a program is 412 bytes.

The tests were made with Dave Baum's NQCC and I don't know of those how much are real program, since I don't know the structure of an .RCX file (which is the one downloaded). Anyway, 412 is a strange number for a limit...

This 412 byte limit in memory suggests that the total memory for CyberMaster is 1K. I don't know if the firmware also shares this 1K of memory since the RCX only have 512 bytes of SRAM for it, but I guess it must be possible.

If a task doesn't fit in memory, CyberMaster simply discards it. So if you have a program with 3 tasks and it finds out the last one will not fit, it discards it leaving the other two. The same I suppose should happen with the RCX.

As a bonus, here's a snippet for CyberMaster owners:

Hold down 'H', 'C' and the left mouse button when exiting the CyberMaster software and you'll see the whole team that created it! :-)

Laurentino Martins

[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]