 Robotics / 864
Re: Cybermaster Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:25:53 GMT

CyberUser wrote:

In message <4.1.19981128213514.00961de0@mail.telepac.pt>, Laurentino
Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt> writes
In the future, I'm going to put the 3rd. touch sensor in a bumper in the back
of
the unit since it might impact on some object when reversing and I would never
know.
I haven't done that already because I'm a bit out of ideas how to make flexible
a bumper for the whole rear (the CyberMaster is my only LEGO). Any ideas?

Thinking ahead, and also if I recall because the set had the idler gear
in it, I bought several of the rubber-skirted hovercraft some years ago.
It isn't flexible but it's soft and it looks cool. And implausibly
enough it's real LEGO.

Haven't tried it for a robot bumper yet, but I built some nice grippers
for my experimental board game playing hand.... (all rectilinear: 3 axis
arm, gripper open/close, light sensor in the "palm" of the hand, touch
switch for hand-hits-surface verticaly, rotation sensors on the track
and the extensor. Never did work out how to get feedback on the hand
position though, since both space and weight are at a premium at the
free end of the arm).

That's also an important part for those applications where going fast is
too important to be able to afford a control system, like the patented
Cat Terrifier.

stephen