 Robotics / 834
833  |  835
Subject:
CyberMaster memory limit?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 16:39:43 GMT

I've been playing around with programming the CyberMaster unit with
NQC.  I've noted that when the size of the program gets too large, the
execution of the program fails in some way.  The way it fails is
sometimes somewhat inconsistent.

I don't know just how large the limit is, but I've enclosed a sample
program below which fails to execute because it is too large.  Remove
some of the "WAITPLAY" statements, and the program executes as
expected.

(The program simply waits for the the sensor 1 to be pressed, plays a
tone, and repeats.  After a sequence of this, it plays a different
tone and ends.)

Fredrik

#define WAITPLAY wait(IN_1==1);PlaySound(1);wait(IN_1==0);

task main {

  Sensor(IN_1,IN_SWITCH);

WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY;
WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY;
WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY;
WAITPLAY; WAITPLAY;

PlaySound(2);
}