 Robotics / 863
862  |  864
Subject:
Cybermaster Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:39:14 GMT

In message <4.1.19981128213514.00961de0@mail.telepac.pt>, Laurentino
Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt> writes
In the future, I'm going to put the 3rd. touch sensor in a bumper in the back
of
the unit since it might impact on some object when reversing and I would never
know.
I haven't done that already because I'm a bit out of ideas how to make flexible
a bumper for the whole rear (the CyberMaster is my only LEGO). Any ideas?

Laurentino Martins

In the book "Mobile Robots" by A.M.Flynn it suggests three bump sensors
which are activated by circular plastic skirt made out of acrylic
plastic. It even tells you how to bend the plastic.

The sensors are spaced at say 10, 2 and 6 o'clock
It also discusses the advantages of a circular cross section for
maneuverability as opposed to square or rectangular.

Does anyone know what happens if sensors are connected in parallel to
the Cybermaster?

Dennis
--
CyberUser