 Robotics / 862
Re: Pneumatic Air Tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 07:44:07 GMT

Shane Weston wrote in message

I'm looking for a way to switch the air with the RCX as well
haven't came up with anything good yet though. I have made this switch
http://www.members.home.net/ourcreations/pictures.htm
But it is hard to accuratly control. I'm using a regular motor maybe a
micromotor(on their wsy from S@H) works better. we'll see.

You will have much better luck with a micro motor on that switch.  I can't
even imagine what would happen when the switch reached the end of its throw
and a geared motor is still going.  A micro motor stalls, but it moves slow
enough (or too slow) so that the you it need not reach the end of the throw.
Air actuation is well before the end of the throw, and it is easy to stop
before that point.

I have also made an air tank our of a plastic pop bottle (any size will
work).  All you need is a pop bottle and a pair of sisors or knife.  I have
a long winded post of its creation, and pneumatic related meandering.
Instead of reposting it I thought I would try out the message reference
thing that we can do here at Lugnet.

http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.build:245

LINC