 Robotics / 858
Re: Pneumatic Air Tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 20:17:19 GMT

Kevin A. Saddi wrote:

do you happen to have a picture of this homebrew air tank?

There's one here: http://www.bmi.net/shanew/homebrewtank.jpg
I just set the tank on my scanner and edited it a bit so sorry for the
quality. but I think you can get the idea from it.

I was wondering where I can buy these? I checked the latest S@H catalog
and didn't find one there. Anyone know?

        I have to wait till x-mas to get a super tow truck set. I didn't have a
air tank either. So I made one. I used 1" PVC pipe. It just takes two
endcaps and a length of pipe that is how ever long you want it to be.I
then drilled two small holes in one of the endcaps and epoxied some
pieces of rigid tubing in them. Then I glued the endcaps onto the pipe
with pvc glue. It works great.Next I'm gonna epoxy a lego plate to the
bottom of it.
        I'm looking for a way to switch the air with the RCX as well haven't
came up with anything good yet though. I have made this switch
http://www.members.home.net/ourcreations/pictures.htm
But it is hard to accutatly control. I'm using a regular motor maybe a
micromotor(on their wsy from S@H) works better. we'll see.

Shane Weston