 Robotics / 7504
Re: Wot no RCX power connector?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:29:53 GMT

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote:
I'm more concerned with any changes to the ROM. Perhaps Kekoa can shed
some light on this if someone was to ship him a new brick? Or maybe the
new bricks will be at Mindfest!!!

I doubt there will be significant changes to the ROM.  For starters, if
somebody has both an old and a new RCX, try downloading the old firmware
into the new RCX.  If it works, the ROM interface is the same.  If the ROM
interface is the same, it is doubtful they changed anything in the ROM, as
that would have meant some amount of hacking to keep the entry points the
same.

As for the internals, I will try to remember to bring my tool set, etc. to
MindFest.  We are bound to see one of these new ones lying around, and if
it's okay with whoever owns it, we can take a peek inside and compare to
the original.  Or, somebody with one of the new ones could just disassemble
that and report on its contents by comparing to the pictures online.

Of specific interested related to the ROM are the version numbers on the H8
processor.  I'd also be interested in seeing the board version number, as
I'm curious how many revs they tried before releasing the new unit.

-Kekoa