 Robotics / 7498
RE: Wot no RCX power connector?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:04:46 GMT

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.991019145552.9760F-100000@moulton.eng.cam.ac.uk>
          lego-robotics@crynwr.com (S. Crawshaw) wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean that TLG have effectively
been lying if they claimed that the RCX unit itself is still the RCX 1.0?
It seems like it may be worthwhile complaining (does anyone know an email
address for complaints?!), even if they don't take any notice.

It still says "RCX 1.0" on it. It appears identical in all regards to
pictures I've seen online, except the end opposite the IR transceiver is
totally smooth and blank, and there are two extra studs on top above where
the socket was. That end of the RCX is fatter than the rest - presumably to
fit all those smoothing capacitors which probably aren't in there any more (I
haven't opened it to check).

The AC connector was never claimed as a feature anywhere in the RCX 1.0 or
in its advertising, if I remember correctly. I seem to recall people being
pleasantly surprised when they found out it had one.

--
Kevin Bracey, Senior Software Engineer
Pace Micro Technology plc                     Tel: +44 (0) 1223 518566