 Robotics / 7494
RE: Wot no RCX power connector?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:51:55 GMT

When did this vanish then? All the online information I can find says that
the RCX has a 6-12V AC power connector. My one that I bought this weekend
doesn't :(

My guess is it vanished after they got too many "defective" units back after
folks started putting adapters with the wrong voltage on their bricks.

Even a wired voltage spike might kill the brick. The battery route is
safer from a product repair point of view.

This brings up the question again of NiMH batterries. You should be able
to pick these up at your favorite Radio Shack or camera store for
about $20 CDN or $14 US. You can charge them in a regular AA charger.

I did like being able to "pull the plug" on my RCX when it went squirrely.

My guess is that the "old" stock will become more valuable.  guess I have
an excuse to buy another one now.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>