 Robotics / 3634
Re: NQC v. LegOS / size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:20:13 GMT

Hi John,

"John A. Tamplin" wrote:
In most cross-compilers, there is assembly code for those helper
functions.  In EGCS, those are in config/h8300/lib1funcs.asm.

It calls __divhi3, which is defined in config/h8300/lib1funcs.asm.  I
built egcs-1.1.1 without any changes (that I remember :), and it put
those in libgcc1.a, which then gets merged into libgcc.a.  In addition
to the 16-bit routines your example uses, it also has 32-bit multiply and
divide functions (__mulsi3, etc).  I don't have it still around, but I am
pretty sure egcs-1.1a also properly handled this.  I have not ever built
gcc 2.8 or egcs-1.1 as a cross compiler for the H8, so if you are using
one of those it may not have the helper functions.

I'm currently working on compiler details with Chris. He sent me some
patches to produce cleaner code for ROM calls (register allocation
issues), and after we have consolidated these, there'll be both patches
and binary releases for Linux and Windows available.

This will probably be based on egcs-1.1.1 to circumvent the library
problems present in gcc and egcs-1.1.

Markus.

--
Markus L. Noga noga@inrialpes.fr