 Robotics / 3603
Re: NQC v. LegOS / size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 23:12:13 GMT

John A. Tamplin <jat@Traveller.COM> wrote:
In most cross-compilers, there is assembly code for those helper
functions.  In EGCS, those are in config/h8300/lib1funcs.asm.

There are two problems with lib1funcs.asm.  First, all the functions are in
one .asm file.  That means you have the code for all math functions even if
you use only one of them.  Second, most of the routines are already in
ROM, so if you can take advantage of those, you can save a lot of space.

I believe the ROM has all the integer math routines you'll need, and thus
you really only need the wrappers, which I sent a pointer to this morning.

-Kekoa