 Robotics / 3624
Re: NQC v. LegOS / size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 05:02:29 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (dave madden) writes:

I haven't had need of any complicated math, so I haven't written the
helper routines; maybe Markus has some.  (Alternatively, I believe
Kekoa identified some math routines in the RCX ROM...it might be
possible to use those.)

It doesn't have to be complex math.  I had the same problem
using the modulo operator.  I did a little digging to figure
out why libgcc.a wasn't compiling properly.  It turns
out that if you add the -Dinhibit_libc to the CFLAGS in the
top level Makefile of gcc you should end up with a useable
h8300 libgcc.a.

CFLAGS=-g -O2 -Dinhibit_libc
Edit the makefile and add the define as above. Remake everything
and you should be all set. Also, add libgcc.a when you link.
However, I'm doing this from memory so your mileage may vary.

BTW: Once I did this it also compiled the C++ compiler without
a hitch.

-rick