 Robotics / 3625
Re: Librcx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 06:15:26 GMT

Whoo-Hoooo!!! I have been dreaming about something like this (my other dream
was something like LegOS and that too has been answered).

I promised Markus some more demos of LegOS and I have been working on them
but I got sidetracked into writing a small string library (just starting)
and the snails in my aquarium but that is another story.

Anyway, I had run into the divide/multiply problem and was hoping I would
not have to steal the funcs from someplace (like I am stealing the string
funcs now), make them work with H8 datatype sizes, etc. This is actually
the best of both worlds since the functions are in ROM and don't take up
valuable RAM.

I can't wait to get home and try this code out!

Thanks again,

Dwayne

Kekoa Proudfoot writes:
Since I have left it untouched for a while, I am releasing my development
environment for the RCX.

Librcx is intended to be a lowest-level driver for the Lego RCX.  It
provides an interface between your C code and the ROM.  The intent is to
allow you to easily explore the ROM interface.  It is also possible to use
this code as a starting point for writing something more sophisticated,
along the lines of LegOS (http://www.multimania.com/legos/).

Librcx requires the GNU H8 development environment.

The code for Librcx is at:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/tools.html#Librcx

Have at it.

-Kekoa