 Robotics / 3635
Re: MS not for kids
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:01:42 GMT

I was recently at a Seattle Robotics Society meeting last month where one
of the members mentioned that Lego had approached Microsoft (where he had
formerly worked...) around '93 with a proposal for a kit something like
this. Evidently Lego's development cycle is 6 >years<, QED that it is now
1999 - looks like they hit their target. I can see that their target
audience has shifted/matured somewhat in the intervening time frame (12
your olds then are pretty much adults now :-).

On the other hand, they do produce very solid products (I don't think I've
heard of any bugs for the RCX...)

-Nick

"Comfort slays the passion of life and walks, grinning, at its funeral"