 Robotics / 27232
Re: Serenity, an autonomous NXT-based boat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:41:58 GMT

Brian Davis wrote:

I'm not sure how long the little underwater motors will last - I suspect, driven
by only 1 AA battery, these are likely the first things to "power down" on a
long trip. I could get around this by using the NXT motors (geared faster
probably), but then I need to make sure the NXT itself has enough power... and
the fact that the web page you directed me to uses an exteranl Pb-acid battery
is not reassuring :-).

Long-term, I may have to hack a regulated DC power supply for the NXT, and have
more batteries on board.

Brian,

Have you considered using some of those ZNAP flex axles and a LEGO
propellor?

Ralph