 Robotics / 2101
RE: Seeking Strategies on Humanoid Robots/Walkers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 22:50:02 GMT

Ben Laurie wrote:

What is Maya?

Maya is a high end 3D animation application made by a company named
Alias|Wavefront which is a subsidiary of Silicon Graphics.
--

And the reason we are getting excited about this with the robotic legos is
that Maya generates (or can be told to generate) data for each and every

This could be very neat-o.  Additionally you could build up a library of
complex actions like "do a dance" or "wave your arm" and then use these
sequences in response to certain actions in RCX programming, possibly even
build a set of high level routines such that people could "wire" a puppet to
do things (left leg forward, turn, and wave).

The problem(s) are explained in previous posts.  <G>

Anyway, more later, I have to do some actual work now :(

Andy
RIT