 Robotics / 2126
RE: Seeking Strategies on Humanoid Robots/Walkers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 04:19:43 GMT

Well, that is the million dollar question, so to speak :)

There really is no predetermined requirement that says the figure HAS to be
humanoid, so I suppose a four or six legged creature (or even a creature
with no legs) would work just as well, and could even be a more traditional
"rover" or other wheeled vehicle, but it would be very cool to do a
humanoid.  Thus the original subject of this thread, to which no one has yet
posted.  Am I to assume then that no one on this list has done this ?  Let
us call it a challenge then, to see if it CAN be done !  In theory, you
should be able to weight it correctly such that it will walk on 2 legs, but
theory is always so abstract...

Andy
RIT
This sounds very cool - but ... how will you stop it from falling over?

Cheers,

Ben.