 Publishing / 879
Re: web page in frames
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 15:50:13 GMT

Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk> wrote:
It simply shows the NOFRAMES element in stead of the FRAMES
element. That is how frames/no-frames negotiation was
defined by Netscape.

The main problem with this is the way Lynx deals with frames -- it shows you
the "NOFRAMES" part, AND gives you links to the frames. So you end up with a
(slightly kludgy) way to use the frames, right next to a message from the
website telling you that you can't use them.

Plus (and I know this matters less in these days of high bandwidth), it just
seems inefficient to send both options no matter what.

So it'd be cool if this could be negotiated with the server.