 Publishing / 867
Re: web page in frames
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 21:46:47 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:
Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
(Because people hate frames)
I'm serious, actually. It's a prejudice spawned by a lot of sites with
terrible use of frames. Sure, they're easy to misuse, but that doesn't make
all uses bad.

No, what makes frames bad is that the browsers don't give any easy way to
discover the URL for any but the top frame.  This opens the door real wide
for banner abuse, and there's nothing you can do on the server end to
indicate beneficial frame, except to never use them.

Cheers,
- jsproat