 Publishing / 862
Re: web page in frames
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:11:13 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
Since the subject of frames has come up again, anyone want to make
suggestions for the Elements Image Catalog site?
<http://partsref.home.att.net/>

I think this is a demonstration of a perfectly good use of frames. Can
someone offer a good reason why this site shouldn't use them?

There's another reason I'm looking at the design of this site.  WorldNet
has added site-search capabilities[1].  I'm thinking it would be a good
thing to generate element pages, so that visitors could do reasonable
text-searching.  Mixing frames and search-results pages sounds like a Bad
Thing to me.

Don't make it mixed. Make it so your links in the left frame are actually
search queries.