 Publishing / 4625
Re: Content Management - Starting a new Club site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:47:59 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Jason Spears wrote:
   In lugnet.publish, Abe Friedman wrote:

Snipped comments on wiki’s

I have looked into a blog and was already doing some testing on using blogger to create a news page with multiple posters allowed, plus syndication. Most other softwares appeared to cost money and I was hesitant to spend money just to test something. Do you know of a free, easy to setup, blog software?

There are several blog packages out there. One that I have found very easy to set up is word press. There is also blosxom which is a very simple file based blog package.

Linux Journal has done recent reviews of Word Press, Blosxom and COREBlog (a zope product).

If you want to delve deeply into the software trove, i suggest searching freshmeat.net, here and here.

Dan