 Publishing / 4639
Re: Content Management - Starting a new Club site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:41:23 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Mike Walsh wrote:
   The NCLTC (www.ncltc.cc) and NCLUG (www.nclug.cc) web sites are both based on PostNuke. I also played around with phpWebsite from ASU and ended up rejecting it because it was extremely sloooow.

Slow is no good. I actually only came across phpWebsite because a friend had used it on his site. And he had only used it because it came already installed on his host. Both ncltc and nclug have very clean interfaces, which is something I would like to accomplish.

   I like PostNuke, there are lots of modules freely available to extend the core functionality. I didn’t investigate PHPNuke much, as near as I can tell, PostNuke is an offshoot of PHPNuke and has better support and more modules.

Sounds like postnuke is a very good option. I will have to delve into it more.

   I have also used PostNuke at work for a couple of projects and it has worked well. It is very easy to get a web site up and running. Developing a theme takes some time as the process isn’t well (IMHO) documented but by playing around you can figure it out.

Hope this helps.

It helps a lot. I’m going to try and get BlogFusion running this week and see what it can do for us. But with a four day weekend coming up, I will probably play with postnuke as well. Thanks again.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG