 Publishing / 4630
Re: Content Management - Starting a new Club site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:18:25 GMT

"Jason Spears" <spielboy at gmail dot com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

* We are being hosted by NorthStar Computer Systems, which runs windows • servers,
  I believe phpwebsite doesn't run on windows.

I got PHPWebSite to run on the NCLUG web site which is also hosted at
NorthStar.  As I stated in my other post, I rejected it after a period of
time because it is slow.

* A way for users to add content
* For coming events, I like to be able to have some content shown to • everyone,
  while other only to members. This would be useful for coming events that • we
  are still in the early planning stages of, before we make a commitment.

You can do this with PostNuke permissions.  Unfortunately PostNuke
permissions are not one of it's strenghts.  They can be very confusing and
the documentation is rather thin.  If you want to do something fairly
complex it will take a fair amount of trial and error.

* A calender function would be cool. Perhaps this would solve the above • events
  concern?

I'd recommend the PostCalendar module for PostNuke.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com