 Publishing / 4617
4616  |  4618
Subject:
Content Management - Starting a new Club site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:08:34 GMT

I’ve got a question for all you web gurus. I’m start work on chicago-builders.org and I am hesitant to just copy the ground work I’ve already laid over at michlug.org.

Things I’m looking for:
  • A good way to post news to the front page
  • A forum - preferably one that allows me to have public grous and members only ones
  • An image gallery/album system
  • I’d love an rss/atom feed from the news as well
  • More CSS, less tables and in line formating
I’ve been looking around for a while, but I know I’m probably going to have some time to work on this on Sunday (and maybe even some time tonight as well).

I’ve looked at phpnuke, postnuke and even phpWebsite. I know Ldraw.org is running on a modified version of postnuke, which is a nod in that direction.

Does anyone have some suggestions, recomendations, experience with one of these, or comments? I’d been open to other content management things, I just need something that is easy to setup (1) as I’m only sorta in tune with all this.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB

(1) And easy to make look pretty/styish, am I asking too much?