 Publishing / 4631
Re: Content Management - Starting a new Club site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:15:30 GMT

"Jason Spears" <spielboy at gmail dot com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

I've looked at <http://phpnuke.org/ phpnuke>, <http://www.postnuke.com • postnuke>
and even <http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/ phpWebsite>. I know
<http://www.ldraw.org/ Ldraw.org> is running on a modified version of • postnuke,
which is a nod in that direction.

Does anyone have some suggestions, recomendations, experience with one of • these,
or comments? I'd been open to other content management things, I just need
something that is easy to setup (1) as I'm only sorta in tune with all • this.

[ ... snipped ... ]

The NCLTC (www.ncltc.cc) and NCLUG (www.nclug.cc) web sites are both based
on PostNuke.  I also played around with phpWebsite from ASU and ended up
rejecting it because it was extremely sloooow.

I like PostNuke, there are lots of modules freely available to extend the
core functionality.  I didn't investigate PHPNuke much, as near as I can
tell, PostNuke is an offshoot of PHPNuke and has better support and more
modules.

I have also used PostNuke at work for a couple of projects and it has worked
well.  It is very easy to get a web site up and running.  Developing a theme
takes some time as the process isn't well (IMHO) documented but by playing
around you can figure it out.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com