 Publishing / 231
Re: Redesigning my site...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:37:43 GMT

Thomas Main wrote:
Bram,

Very nice looking site.  I especially like the division of themes into
space, air, land and water.  I wish Lego would adopt a more simplistic
scheme for its themes.  I entered my dark ages before there really
were themes; there was just TOWN and SPACE and one castle set.  I came • back
to find multiple themes and subthemes and sometimes I still don't
understand the organization very well (esp. subtheme categorizations).

Thanks.  I used to have the site broken up into Town and Space, but I
started having many models that didn't fit.  I also needed a better way
to organize the site without the fractal directory structure I used to
have.

About your site, have you considered the implications of people
viewing it with the larger button sizes and personal toolbars enabled on • their
browsers?  This might shift the opening page down quite a bit.

Thanks for reminding me.  I think 315 pixels high will fit in just about
any browser window.  Of course it doesn't look as nice at 1024*768
then...
I'll see what I can do.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht wrote:

I'm redesigning my site.  Here's a preview of the new look.  I'd
appreciate any feedback/comments.  Thanks!
http://library.advanced.org/20551/temp/newlook.html

--Bram