 Publishing / 273
Re: Redesigning my site...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:35:14 GMT

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 12:20:29 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
Ught.  I wonder how many people I'm locking out if I continue to
design my site with 4.x or better browsers in mind?

Well, me - both 4 versions are way too heavyweight to do any surfing
with (I'm in the habit of using about 4 windows at the same time,
actively, so I can read while stuff gets downloaded :)

Time to upgrade.  :)

When this beginning of the semester rush is over I will get some time
to actually work on my site, so I guess I need to think about this
"writing for the people with old browsers" issue.

I'm not inclined to worry about it, to be honest.  The parts of my
site that I want the most people to see like my sales section, wants
list, etc, will probably be fairly plain, but if I get to learn Flash
and some other cool things the fun parts of my site will be as much
for me to enjoy as anyone else, and they'll probably be more geared
towards those who aren't using old stuff.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET