 Pirates / 614
Re: A Pyrate's Life
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:48:01 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Jim Stroot writes:

The 6277 was my first exposure to a raised baseplate and I was disappointed.
They are too thin and cheap looking. I was afraid I was going to poke a hole
in it if I pressed the bricks down too hard.

They're actually very sturdy.  I had a ceiling fall on one, and it just got
slightly bent.  No major damage.  :)

Jeff
"You can't be a hero hiding underneath your bed"
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/

I have a hard time resolving the inherent conflict between your two statement,
Jeff.  :-)

That's what I love about song lyrics...  :)

Bruce
(I'm hiding under the bed in your house, that's for sure.  It's a natural
place for a Californian anyway.)

LOL!  I'd like to see you try to hide under my bed.  It has a three-foot
clearance.  :)

Oh, and I should probably mention that it was more of a dent than a bend.  I
did have a bunch of other pieces die in that event, though...  Such as
bucklers...  :(