 Pirates / 596
Re: A Pyrate's Life
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:15:18 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Since a few people are cheating on Shiri Dori's Castle survey and putting
pirates answers there, this must be nipped in the bud.  So......

1.  When did you get into Lego Pirates?

Fall 1998. First attracted to Islanders(!), then fell in love with the ships...

<NOSTALGIA TRIP> About ten years ago, after I had stopped collecting, I helped
my 5- or 6-year old cousin build a 6274 Caribbean Clipper that he got for his
birthday. After seeing those molded hull sections (and BURPs for the first
time in other sets) I remember wondering what had happened to one of my
favorite toys, and thinking that it had gone to pot. If I'd only known then
what they'd be like in 10 years! </NOSTALGIA TRIP>

2.  Do you own any of the big four: 6285 (Barracuda, BSB), 6286 (Schooner,
SES), 6276 (El Dorado Fortress), 6277 (Imperial Trading Post)?

All of 'em. I still have a MISB 6285 that I'm saving for a special occasion to
build.

3.  What's the most you paid for a ship?

Not going to say what I paid for a MISB 6285. Suffice to say that it was the
most I've ever paid for one set until my recent purchase of MISB 6399 Airport
Shuttle. I bought another MISB 6285 a few months after the first, which I sold
for... well, more than what paid for the 6399...

4.  What's the most you paid for a non-ship set?

$180 shipped for a 6277 Imperial Trading Post. This is the one to get.

5.  What's your favorite non-ship pirate set other than the two big Imperial
sets noted above?

6279 Skull Island

6.  What's the one set you don't have that you really, really want?

A MISB 1788 Treasure Chest, but haven't been willing to pay for one in auction.

7.  How many blue-coated Imperial soldiers do you have?
8.  Red coats?
9.  Armada guys?
10. Pirate wenches?
11. General pirate figures other than the above?

Never counted them all up, but someone else can:

http://members.tripod.com/~jstroot/pirates.html (my Pirate set list)

Jim