 Pirates / 602
Re: A Pyrate's Life
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 06:50:34 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

Since a few people are cheating on Shiri Dori's Castle survey and putting
pirates answers there, this must be nipped in the bud.  So......

1.  When did you get into Lego Pirates?

1996.  My third set, once out from the Dark Ages, was a 6263 Imperial Outpost.

2.  Do you own any of the big four: 6285 (Barracuda, BSB), 6286 (Schooner,
SES), 6276 (El Dorado Fortress), 6277 (Imperial Trading Post)?

I'm working on a partial 6277 right now.  Otherwise, none--I just can't spare
the green.

3.  What's the most you paid for a ship?

$95+tax, for my RBR, from a local family-owned toy store.

4.  What's the most you paid for a non-ship set?

$25 each, for two copies of Skull Island.

5.  What's your favorite non-ship pirate set other than the two big Imperial
sets noted above?

6263 Imperial Outpost--I own four and they're still really, really neat.  Armada
Sentry is also a pretty nifty little set.

6.  What's the one set you don't have that you really, really want?

A complete 6277 Imperial Trading Post.  Beyond that, I'd be really happy to get
an SES.

7.  How many blue-coated Imperial soldiers do you have?

Seven, plus one officer.

8.  Red coats?

Fourteen, plus three officers and four admirals.  (I've converted two officers
into soldiers.)

9.  Armada guys?

Twenty, counting four Admirals of the Ocean Sea.

10. Pirate wenches?

The big zilcher--I have one, technically, but I'm selling the set MISB to
finance my RBR (see above).

11. General pirate figures other than the above?

Too many to count; they've been mixed and matched aboard my naval vessels.  I'd
have to say in the neighbourhood of 40-50.

best

Lindsay