 Pirates / 597
Re: A Pyrate's Life
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:02:53 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jim Stroot writes:

1.  When did you get into Lego Pirates?

Fall 1998. First attracted to Islanders(!), then fell in love with the • ships...

Interesting.  I felt Islanders marked the beginning of the end for Pirates the
moment I saw them.

2.  Do you own any of the big four: 6285 (Barracuda, BSB), 6286 (Schooner,
SES), 6276 (El Dorado Fortress), 6277 (Imperial Trading Post)?

All of 'em. I still have a MISB 6285 that I'm saving for a special occasion to
build.

Do it with a kid.  In fact, I have never put together my Imperial Trading Post
(I mistakenly noted that I had a 6276 instead of 6277 on my own response).  I
let my son do it.  It was his favorite for quite some time.

3.  What's the most you paid for a ship?

Not going to say what I paid for a MISB 6285. Suffice to say that it was the
most I've ever paid for one set until my recent purchase of MISB 6399 Airport
Shuttle. I bought another MISB 6285 a few months after the first, which I sold
for... well, more than what paid for the 6399...

4.  What's the most you paid for a non-ship set?

$180 shipped for a 6277 Imperial Trading Post. This is the one to get.

I really liked this set.  It's one of the few times I felt a CRAPP worked out
well - perhaps it was because it was used in conjunction with a normal plate.

5.  What's your favorite non-ship pirate set other than the two big Imperial
sets noted above?

6279 Skull Island

A good choice.  I like this one.

6.  What's the one set you don't have that you really, really want?

A MISB 1788 Treasure Chest, but haven't been willing to pay for one in • auction.

Gosh, don't I know that story!  :-(

Bruce