 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 308
Re: Spring 2003 Meeting Planning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:14:03 GMT

This is from Chris. He's not able to post just yet, and asked me to post for
him.

From: Christopher Richard Smith <jodokast@earthlink.net>
Hi Everyone,

I've been a little busy for the last few months.  New Baby Boy and 12 1/2
hour shifts updating the Shuttle test rig at NASA.  Back to a normal shift
now.....

I hope I still may be able to help with the meeting a little bit.  I know
about Anthony's try with Boeing and that it has reached a kink. So, I happen
to know where a large or small meeting could be held.  I still don't know
about the numbers that might gather, tho it could handle 100 or so.

My Mother-in-law  owns/operates a nice senior's daycare facility that has
several large rooms of nice sizes (TV, reading, game, dinning rooms) with a
large connected Gym (basketball court sized) and tons of tables which is
always empty and available on the weekends.  I bet I could sweet talk into
its use (as if I have to try... She loves me!). I have never hosted a
meeting before.  I bet others of you know what to do.

If you guys see this space as an option.  If I get the "go ahead", I'll
start arranging things a bit.

It is about 5 miles from NASA and the Visitor's Center.  5 miles away from
the Kemah Boardwalk.  20+ minutes to downtown Houston.  30 minutes from
Galveston and the Moody Gardens.  Several nice and standard Hotels in the area.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone that attends the meeting when &
where ever it might be around Houston.

Christopher Smith
United Space Alliance - NASA
Shuttle Avionics Integration Laboratory
Senior Quality Assurance Inspector

LUGnet #298
LEGO MindStorms Official Website Forum Host