 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 280
Re: 2003 Spring Plans - a reply to a reply...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 01:52:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Tom Reed writes:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Anthony Sava writes:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Tom Reed writes:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
<SNIP> • ANOTHER BIG SNIP

I offered my two cents and I'm through!
Best of luck to you!
regards,
Tom
Hey All,
I'm sorry to post again, but there was something else I wanted to say!  It
didn't come across in any of my other posts and I want to clarify my stance!
First of all, I want to give a big "THANKS" to Anthony for grabbing the ball
on this and getting things off to a start!  It was his effort that got
things going!  Kudos to Him!  I also want to THANK his Dad for offering the
good suggestions and offering his contacts to help out the group!  That is
really cool and don't think we don't appreciate it.  My comments were only
intended to offer alternate ideas and to bring up things we may be
overlooking.  I am not against any of the ideas as they have been suggested.
It might not be my thing, but I'm not against it!  I only question the
feasibility and need for some of them.  I think there is a time and a place
for everything.  If I stepped on anyone's toes, then I appologize.  It
wasn't intended.  I've always been one to look at all angles and question
the alternatives.  I don't mean anything by it!  It's just a character trait
I've always had.
As for Pat, you're not losing me!  I'm going to be around and offer my
support when I can.  I just don't want to get embroiled in all the decisions
and debate!  You don't see me looking for a meeting place, etc.!  I don't
have the energy or the drive.  I "will" offer my help and support whenever I
can, but I can't make many promises.  I will tell Pat to save his money
though!  I'll be more than happy to help with prizes if the group chooses to
have a contest!  "That I can do (even if I can't do anything else)!"
As for Laura and T.J., I really appreciate the great effort you two have
made towards the group.  As Anthony pointed out, planning a meeting is a LOT
of work!  Until you do it, you don't realize how much work it is.  And while
I'm at it, another THANKS goes out to Jason for letting us use his house in
the past.  I don't know whether it was brave or foolish on his part.  I'm
sure we left our "mark" despite our best effort to be careful! hehheh
I've had some bad experiences in clubs I've been in before.  I've done my
time as president, vice president, treaurer, etc!  I'm getting too old to do
anything like that again.  I neither have the time nor the inclination!
I've really enjoyed the meetings I've been to with this group.  I hope to
make many more.  If we have a two day event and I have to work one day, I'll
certainly try to make it on day I'm not working.
I think all the goings on (so far) are great!  I'm anxious to meet new
people and see more creations.  I want us to have a great time and continue
to grow as a group.  Let's get people like Erik, Chris, and Matt to our
meetings!  I'm sure it will be a blast!
If I come across a bit brusque sometimes, it's just because I'm an old
"poop" and I'm not happy about it! hahaha  "Don't take me too seriously,
because I certainly don't!"
Hope to see you all in March!
Tom