Subject:
TCS Update... + more meeting info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:19:35 GMT

I spoke to the guy's at The Construction Site yesterday about the Castle Window
display.  They said that there next opening would be in about 2 weeks which I
thought might be a bit tight and they said that the next openning after that
would be in about 6 weeks which I though would be a good target for us to try
and hit.

Crispin said that we could use some of their "Glass Cubes" these are what they
have some of their displays in as well as where they showcased customer models
last fall.  These are modular and about 16 inches square.  We could cover them
with a sheet or just leave them but they will be good for giving our setup some
elevation.

I even got a quick idea when we were talking about the cubes.  I though we
could set one or two up near the window and use them to give a kind of cut away
look at a the interior of a cave that could be the home to a dragon and all his
treasure.  I don't know if you all like that idea or not but it was a quick
thought.

We have not had a lot of response to our LUGNET messages so far so I will
probably send out a reminder to the mailing list in a couple of days just to
make sure people know where to look for information.  I just want to get away
from using the mailing list as much as possible.  It works but we have this
great public forum and I think we should take advantage of it.  Plus it gives
us higher visability and I think it helps other local LUG's to see what we are
doing and vise versa.

For now I would like to see if we can try and work out a meeting for the week
of February 21st.  This is a good time for me as I will be traveling the next 2
weeks or so.  This also gives us some time to decide on a location and lets
people work on their models for a couple more weeks.

So if anyone has any ideas for the location, BU is nice but some members have
said they would like to vary the location a little.  Or if you have an idea for
a date lets hear it.  Also if you want to host a smaller meeting in the mean
time feel free.  My goal is to make the group have a life of its own (which has
actually started to happen already).  Everyone should feel free to post
suggestions or try and set up their own meetings.  Someday I would like to have
regular meetings but for now I think our random meetings work fine.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: