Subject:
Anything suggestions for the NELUG website.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:08:37 GMT

I don't know how many of you check the NELUG site on any kind of regular or
semi-regular basis but I do try and keep it updated with links to relevent
posts here on LUGNET and other information like member counts etc.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for expanding the site.  Of
course I will add a page or two when we do the Castle set up at TCS but is
there anything that you think the site is missing and would be nice to have.

For example I could put up a simple expense report so you all know how much
money has been collected along with how much we have had in expenses.  The
numbers are not big on either side but you all might like to know (especially
those that have contributed to NELUG financially).

Once we get a NELUG LEGO collection started I could have a page that display's
our current inventory.  Or if we start a NELUG Jambalaya box I could try and
keep a running inventory of that.  For inventories I would probably need some
help gathering the data but I could post the information.

Another idea would be to somehow update the Member Page.  I could do something
where if you are a paid LUGNET member I could like to that page if you want or
if you don't have your own personal site.  If someone wanted to help I could
also try and catagorize people's sites into themes so that if you wanted to see
Mindstorm's sites they would all be grouped together.

Anyway if you have any ideas let me know and we will see what we can do.  Also
if anyone wants to help out in the design of pages let me know and maybe we can
get together.  The way our account works is only one person can update the site
which means I would have to upload all the pages but that does not mean you
cannot help or have input if you want.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/